- 1 One of the best budget Gimbal Stabilizer for Phone – Zhiyun Smooth X
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Here are differences:
- 1.3 Button function:
- 1.4 It has lightweight and compact in size.
- 1.5 Gimbal Stabilizer for Phone Zhiyun Smooth X
- 1.6 Let’s talk about its first Impression:
- 1.7 How to use the Zhiyun Smooth X
- 1.8 It’s Efficiency
- 1.9 ZY Cami App
- 1.10 Decision
- 1.11 Pros of Zhiyun Smooth X
- 1.12 Cons of Zhiyun smooth X
- 1.13 Specifications
- 1.14 Conclusion:
One of the best budget Gimbal Stabilizer for Phone – Zhiyun Smooth X
The Zhiyun Smooth X Gimbal is the cheap gimbal and a great option for people who like to have a high-quality experience and desire to use the distinctive and convenient device.
It is easy to carry and provide selfie stick for people who love to capture videos for social media.
Since it’s been a while that I have checked mobile phone gimbal, though, my last search shows that the previous model I had tested was Zhiyun Smooth Q2. This is not a great surprise that Zhiyun still continues to produce brand new gimbal model faster than its rivals.
In this text, I would like to state my perspective about Zhiyun smooth x, which is truly one of the great products and best buy gimbal. The Smooth-X is available in the market in two colors: white or dark grey with a charging cable C. A “Combo “pack is also available for an additional 10 bucks and adds a zip travel case and mini tripod in the package. Personally, I like Zhiyun’s mini tripods and find them very handy, so I suggest investing a little more in the entire package. However, there is a difference between regular and combo pack.
Here are differences:
Their standard version has Gimbal and USB cable.
Their combo version has a small tripod and an amazing storage case.
- If you will click twice on their mode button: The vertical and horizontal setting would be open.
- When you press their Shutter button twice: The image and video modes would be open.
- And if you want to use their camera, you need to click the shutter tab thrice, and their selfie and front camera will work on.
- You will also find the adjustable button on its side, which you can use to zoom in and zoom out of the camera.
- If you use the joystick button, you will be able to handle their Pan and roll-over movements.
It has lightweight and compact in size.
This new smooth x is available in a compact size and offers a 10 inch (254 mm) selfie stick, making this version unique as their previous version has not offered a selfie stick.
Seemingly, Zhiyun is placing the Smooth X between the Zhiyun Smooth Q2 and the old Smooth 4. The earlier version is in fact a mobile, and their last version has ‘pro’ features dealing with smarter videographers.
However, the Smooth X takes an advanced move when it comes to price. Zhiyun Smooth X is definitely the best cheap gimbal. The Smooth X costs only $59.99, as compare to the Smooth Q2 and Smooth 4, each costing over $100. Not only this makes the Zhiyun Gimbal the handy version, but also it’s one of the best buy gimbal options present in gimbals.
Gimbal Stabilizer for Phone Zhiyun Smooth X
Here is an important note:
- The Smooth X has a smooth rotatable design, so please open the Smooth X as the manual; otherwise, it can damage the product.
- For the first use, registration with the ZY Cami application is required.
- Its motion control, taking a picture or filming a video are as simple to use as viewing a V motion or motioning with your hand to a video camera.
- SMOOTH-X supports up to 5.5 hours of runtime and through charging via power bank to keep you always powered up.
- It’s high-quality editing software framework in ZY Cami supports trimming, dipping, plus audio, stickers, and captions; anything you dream of is here.
This is Suitable for the following: iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xs, iPhone XR, XS Apple iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, Apple iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, HUAWEI Friend 10 Pro, HUAWEI Friend 10, HUAWEI Buddy 9 Pro, HUAWEI Companion 9, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo NEX, MI MIX 2S, Mi 8, Mi 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5T.
We apparently have a clear winner. Here is an important feature that will show you how it is smarter than other phones. Let’s take a closer look at them.
Let’s talk about its first Impression:
The first thing that you note about the Smooth X is its unique portable style. I like the flexible designs when I looked at my new favorite smartphone gimbal, the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. This doesn’t only make it much more compact but makes it much easier to load, or you can handle it easily and can carry it everywhere without any heavy bag.
As it is small in size, and you can also compare its size to Apple iPhone 11 pro max. Its high-quality standards are much higher than what you would imagine at this cost, and certainly the more impressive because it has a following notable feature, the 10-inch selfie stick.
It doesn’t stretch as much as you would need, and you might buy the separate sticks, but it still does the job. I personally did not use it for selfie or video purposes, but it would be definitely handy for both Instagram and TikTok use.
I would definitely render my first complaint about the scale and efficiency of the grip. It gets to the small side and isn’t comfortable in use. When I videotaped and at the same time operated the joystick for electrical panning, I naturally required my own backup, as it almost stripped my hand. The Osmo Mobile 3 from DJI is also compact and folding but did not compromise on its operational designs.
This is truly an aspect that I missed while buying the Smooth X. Everybody now takes 3 axis gimbals, so I thought that the Gimbal supports all 3 axis. However, the Smooth X is not a 3 axis gimbal but a 2-axis gimbal.
Let’s have a look at the difference between 2-axis and 3 axis.
In the 2nd axis
We can easily handle Pan over movement and roll over movement, but we cannot handle tilt movement. While 3 axis makes framing work easy.
However, some people cannot find this as a big deal, as it is a fact that making an unsolicited upright motion is fine. Moreover, it is typically less difficult to avoid unnecessary rotation up and down than to remain free of undesired pan/roll motions.
In general, though, it’s quite unacceptable, because the charm of a big gimbal always was that you finish with silky smooth film, despite being alert or careless.
How to use the Zhiyun Smooth X
There are three simple shooting settings for the Zhiyun Smooth X.
- Pan-follow: This is the default capture mode for the Gimbal. It smoothes every panning motion and locks the roll axis, which means that the video footage will always be level.
- Locked: The Gimbal locks the Pan and rollin this mode. This ensures that the automated camera orientation is closed and all sorts of motions you make are canceled.
- Compliance: The Gimbal follows every movement you make in this mode. However, the Gimbal can definitely ease the motions and remove the jitter.
The control system is also very simple and easy to follow, with just 3 keys. A joystick helps you to make progress online, and it will be easier to move your arm and hand manually. The Smooth X can also start and stop recording and monitor the zoom in the original camera function of your smart device (over Bluetooth).
When you decide to travel, the Gimbal itself is compact and easy to carry even into your pockets, so you don’t need to take the extra bag with you. The tripod has long feet, though soft, which makes it very secure when it is placed on a hard surface.
Let’s talk about its efficiency. Stabilizing mode on the Smooth X is completely fine, but it is a two-axis gimbal, as I have already stated. That makes it a top choice that you can expect, but the results will definitely be suitable for casual shooting.
The Gimbal electric motors did not clash with iPhone XS Max. With a limited supported haul of 235g ways, it is virtually compliant with the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max (the heaviest phone with 0.5 extra pounds on the market), but don’t count on me.
Perhaps the worst issue is its battery life that goes on a single charge for around 3 to 4 hours. It doesn’t really pose much of a challenge because you won’t shoot for 4 hours. Yet, I found myself hitting the USB-C even more often than Osmo Mobile 3, which lasts more than 10 hours at a single charge.
ZY Cami App
To get the best out of the Gimbal, you’ll want to use the special ZY Cami application. It needs to be activated. This releases a variety of features, such as time intervals, panoramas, and product testing.
These features are almost predictable in every Gimbal buddy app, but the ZY Cami gets an advantage in signal controls. Its motion control also helps you do things like launching the electronic camera timer by wavering your hand in front of the video camera.
The link to the app is very quick and smooth. And its interface is very natural and user-friendly. It is also great to find out that the app shows important details smartly, including a mobile battery, a gimbal connection, and work mode. And detecting objects is a little easier than on the Flat Q2. However, due to the absence of a Tilt movement, Pan is only usable for checking.
The framework also provides a variety of video editing qualities, but plenty of them are likely to use their own third-party tools. While ZY Cami loads captivating characteristics, there are currently a few bugs on both iOS and Android that are annoying to many customers.
The Zhiyun Smooth X is a simple champion amongst several individuals. This cheap gimbal provides an amazing recording option people need without a hefty price tag or exceptionally high technical features.
The selfie stick is another incentive that is certainly not for my use, but it may be what the offer seals for others. With the arrival of the Smooth X, it is difficult to understand why you would even think about the Zhiyun Smooth Q2, which sets you back twice but which is also definitely geared to the same casual consumer market.
I still like the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as my best buy Gimbal since it has 3 axis premium stability, many superior ergonomics, and battery life.
Pros of Zhiyun Smooth X
Here are some pros of zhiyun smooth x:
- It is easy to use.
- It is one of the cheap gimbal.
- It is available in foldable pocket size.
- It has a runtime of 4 hours.
- It can add extra fun to your videos by capturing beautiful moments easily.
- The most important quality is its simplicity. It brings an incredible, easy process experience: shooting, video, with the help of only three keys. Make it easy to use for all sorts of smartphones with full camera power. Just take it and make a beautiful movie!
Cons of Zhiyun smooth X
Here are some cons of zhiyun smooth x phone:
- It has only 2-axis stabilization. You need to be more focused on framing without tilt stabilization. You are going to do hard work and skip some shots, which are relatively easy to do with a 3 axis
- It has small battery life.
- It has a tiny hand grip.
- It has a rating of 4.0.
|Color||White or Grey|
|Item Dimensions||Len. - 2,56 inch - 6,5cm|
Width - 2,2 inch - 5,59 cm
Height - 5.71 inch - 14,5 cm
|Weight||246 g or 8,64 Ounces|
|Battery Life||4 hours - An included battery|
5.5 hours - standby mode
|Telescopic length||10 inch - 25,4 cm|
|Application Compatibility||This gimbal comes with an iOS/Android app which highly expands your capabilities.|
Zhiyun Smooth X precisely targets the young generation that we found on social media. It works best for a youngster who wants to post their clips on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat, as well as others who want to vlog, shoot selfies, or attend large crowds at big events.
The Smart mode’s creative options included with the app allow you to film amazing short clips for social media very quickly and easily, without the need for any editing program.
And while it could be a little challenging to live streaming if you’re going to post on either on YouTube or on Instagram, having a stabilized stick that helps you to swap between vertical and horizontal orientation for various channels easily would be a big advantage for those people who want to make a vlog.
Moreover, the best buy gimbal is handy, simple to use, dual-purpose, and, most significantly is one of the cheap gimbal in the market than most other high-quality smart devices.
Still haven’t found what you were looking for? Check out my page with the best handheld gimbals for iPhone and Android devices.